Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
I find it interesting that Sushi's detractors have not taken into account the fact that BOTH his Sire & his Dam raced very successfully at 4yrs and whilst his Sire was then retired to stud, his dam raced through until she was 6 or 7.... and with around 2/3rds of her career outings seeing her racing against Open Company/FFA & GC horses. For mine, this is a horse that shows no signs whatsoever...be they physical, mental or raw ability wise...of not going on with it at 4yrs+ and his bloodlines do not indicate anything even remotely close to it. Barring illness or injury, I would be stunned if he doesn't end up going at it head to head with another horse that I think will become a Grand Circuit star in short order, Smiling Shard. About 12-18 months ago the same 'he's not big enough for the Grand Circuit' bullshit was bandied about by some people whenever his name was mentioned btw.

Thats exactly what I was after TripleV, some detail around why people think he will kick on/won't kick on, his family history, etc etc.

Thanks mate